What Really Matters in Assessment in the primary classroom?
Author: Janelle McGann
Availability: In Stock
No of Pages:
Publish Date: 01 January 1970
Learn practical assessment strategies and tips to help all students develop competence and a sense of autonomy.
In this workshop:
- We will consider assessment processes that allow students voice and choice
- Learn how to differentiate tasks for all students including those needing additional support or challenge
- Learn strategies to monitor progress by persistent formative assessment and how to tailor instruction to extend the likelihood that each student will develop knowledge, understanding, and skill necessary for growth
- Explore research and thinking on feedback
- Learn how feedback between and among teachers and students is at the core of the relationship between learning goals, deep learning tasks and outcomes
- Reflect on what really matters in assessment for your classroom