Well Played Series
Students love maths games and puzzles, but how much are they really learning from the experience? Too often, maths games are thought of as just a fun activity or enrichment opportunity. The Well Played series shows you how to make games and puzzles an integral learning component that provides teachers with unique access to student thinking. Each book caters to a different age group, and features twenty-five field-tested games and puzzles containing:
- Explanations of the mathematical importance of each game or puzzle and how it supports students learning;
- Variations for each game or puzzle to address a range of learning levels and styles;
- Clear step-by-step directions; and
- Classroom vignettes that model how best to introduce the featured game or puzzle
The books also includes a separate chapter with suggestions for
- how to effectively manage games and puzzles in diverse classrooms
- reproducibles that provide directions, game boards, game cards, and puzzles
- assessment ideas and
- suggestions for online games, puzzles and apps.
Well Played will help you tap the power of games and puzzles to engage students in sustained and productive mathematical thinking.
This set includes the following titles:
|Publish date||2015-11-06 00:00:00|