Webinar series: Heart & Soul!
with Dr Timothy D Kanold
In this three-part webinar series, author and educator Dr Timothy D Kanold will guide you in developing a fulfilling and well-balanced professional life.
To make deep contributions to the lives of our students, we must first embrace routines and practices that maintain and improve our professional lives. From avoiding burnout to creating moments with meaning, supporting our professional lives helps us to become more effective educators. Through his experience as an educator and leader, Tim will help you discover your “heartprint” and “soul story” to stay balanced and fulfilled in your professional life.
Heart & Soul will reaffirm or revive your passion for your profession and help you become an inspiring educator for all the students you serve.
Timothy D Kanold
A long-awaited companion to the wildly popular HEART!, SOUL! empowers educators to take another giant leap toward fulfilling their professional promise. Refreshing and uplifting, this resource leads readers on a deeply rewarding journey toward discovering their soul story – the pursuit of their moral good in order to create good in others. It also includes dozens of stories from real educators, as well as ample space for journaling and self-reflection.
- Become more confident, joyful, whole and healthy in your professional life.
- Explore the four actions of SOUL – searching, overcoming, unifying and living – that will help you sustain a fulfilling professional life.
- Learn the concept of a soul story, diving into what it is and why it should matter deeply to all educators.
- Understand your own soul story and reflect on how you can use it to create good in others.
- Learn how to overcome challenges and obstacles that hinder you from fulfilling your soul story.
- Discover how to create a positive school culture focused on meaningful relationships and collaboration.
Timothy D Kanold
HEART!: Fully forming your professional life as a teacher and leader by Timothy D Kanold supports F–12 educators in reflecting on their professional journey. In this inspiring five-part book, Kanold presents the concept of a heartprint – the distinctive impression that an educator leaves on students and colleagues. In a conversational, humorous tone, HEART! offers teachers and leaders guidance in regard to what they can do to uncover their professional impact and foster heart-centred classrooms and schools.
F–12 teachers and leaders will:
- examine the five unique aspects that make up the HEART of a professional life, happiness, engagement, alliances, risk and thought
- answer essential questions that will help them understand their distinctive heartprint
- gain wisdom and profound insights from dozens of teachers and thought leaders
- journal throughout the book to ponder the heartprint they have left on the people in their lives and professional experiences
- explore outside print and online resources that can teach them more about what it means to have HEART in education.