Thriving as a New Teacher
Tools and Strategies for Your First Year
Thriving as a New Teacher provides new educators with the tools they need for success as they begin their career. The authors draw from best practices and their extensive experience to identify the characteristics of thriving new teachers – teachers who have comfortably moved into the profession by overcoming initial challenges that can get in the way of success. Confident and effective, thriving new teachers focus on six critical spheres related to their teaching – the areas that impact them and their students the most, from knowing and caring for themselves as teachers to understanding and implementing effective assessments. The authors provide skills, strategies, tools and templates to support each sphere.
F–12 teachers will
- learn the six spheres: self, students and families, classroom management, curriculum management, assessment, and colleagues
- understand the important role of teachers, the challenges new teachers face and strategies to overcome those challenges
- access templates, including self-assessments and checklists, to support their efforts as new teachers
- discover tools to promote positive behaviour and handle disruptive behaviour
- connect with students, parents, school leaders and colleagues to create an atmosphere that supports both teachers and students.
|Publish date||2017-02-03 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|