The Highly Effective Teacher
7 Classroom-Tested Practices That Foster Student Success
What are the secrets to unlocking student success? And what can teachers do to get better at helping students develop deep understanding of content, attain higher-order thinking skills and become secure, confident and capable learners?
In this book, teacher and professor Jeff Marshall showcases how teaching with intentionality answers these questions. Specifically, he introduces the Teacher Intentionality Practice Scales (TIPS), a framework for both supporting and measuring effective teaching. Taken together, the framework’s seven TIPs provide a research-based, classroom-tested guide to help teachers
- create coherent, connected lessons
- use strategies and resources, including technology, that truly enhance learning
- organise a safe, respectful learning environment
- develop challenging and rigorous learning experiences
- promote interactive, thoughtful learning
- nurture a creative, problem-solving classroom culture
- deliver feedback and formative assessment that inform teaching and learning.
Marshall’s needs-assessment instrument can help teachers, working independently or in a cohort, determine the best starting point for improving their practice.
|Publish date||2016-09-22 00:00:00|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|