Teaching with Humor, Compassion, and Conviction
Helping Our Students Become Literate, Considerate, Passionate Human Beings
How can teachers make their literacy classrooms a place of joy? Teaching with Humor, Compassion, and Conviction argues that fun, caring and passion are the key to a shame-free, healthy classroom that nurtures students in mind, body and spirit.
Teaching is serious business, but this remarkable book demonstrates that serious learning can happen in classrooms that encourage kids to learn with joy and laughter. A wealth of simple strategies and activities throughout the book help teachers build communities that promote strong literacy skills and create mindful classrooms where students are free to speak with compassion, write with conviction and read with joy.
Based on years of classroom experience, Teaching with Humor, Compassion, and Conviction
- focuses on the latest science and research that tells us that learning without engagement isn’t learning
- offers strategies that will inspire students to value their lives as literacy learners and as human beings
- explores the power of humour with hands-on activities that engage students in meaningful reading, writing, listening and speaking
- introduces techniques for using read-alouds to build empathy, guiding students toward books they can relate to, and freeing students to develop their own stories that demonstrate compassion
- strive to nurture students who can express their opinions respectfully and act on their core beliefs with their growing literacy skills.
Ideal for new and experienced teachers, this practical book shows teachers how to inspire students to do better, think better and live better.
|Publish date||2017-04-10 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Pembroke Publishers|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|