Teaching Play to Children with Autism
Practical Interventions using Identiplay
The Identiplay intervention helps children on the autistic spectrum, and those with specific communication disorders, learn to play. Through the use of play scripts the approach promotes the development of social skills, understanding, imagination and exploration.
By learning these skills the young person can enjoy reciprocal play with an adult or peer. Supported by case studies the theory behind the approach is fully outlined and scripts are provided for instant use in a number of settings.
The new edition of this popular book includes:
- More on developing your own scripts
- How to assess the child's current play skills
- The adult's role in play
- The use of visual/verbal support
- New case studies
- New scripts
- Advice on taking learning outdoors
- Links to resources and useful websites
|Publish date||2013-02-08 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Sage Publications Limited|