Schools of Promise for Multilingual Students
Transforming Literacies, Learning, and Lives
This book introduces readers to the inner workings of schools that successfully serve multilingual students, especially those who affiliate as Latinx. Readers will meet administrators, teachers, caregivers and community members who are working together to advance students’ learning. They do this through varied school-wide initiatives that include:
- caring for students in authentic ways
- developing students’ home and academic languages
- recruiting caregivers and community members to mentor students
- establishing positive and respectful climates
- providing rigorous instructional interventions
- inviting students to take leadership roles.
This book will inspire teachers and school leaders to see the possibilities for humanising schools with the ultimate goal of creating such environments for all learners, and particularly for students of colour.
|Publish date||2018-11-12 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Columbia Teachers College Press|
|Key Learning Area||EAL/D|