Fun and Fundamental Maths for Young Children
Building a Strong Foundation in Preschool-Year 2
Educators of young children who don’t yet know the work of Marian Small are in for a gift – a treasure trove to enhance their teaching and thinking about maths. This book focuses on the most important concepts and skills needed to provide early learners (preschool–Year 2) with a strong foundation in mathematics, in ways that are fun for both children and educators! For each mathematical concept, professional developer Marian Small provides sample activities and lessons, as well as guidance for using children’s books, games, manipulatives and electronic devices. This resource also demonstrates how to differentiate instruction using tasks and questions designed to include all students. Like other Marian Small bestsellers, the text features her special brand of lucid explanation of difficult concepts, fresh and engaging teaching examples, troubleshooting tips and formative assessments. Fun and Fundamental Maths for Young Children is separated into special year level sections for preschool, Foundation Year, Year 1 and Year 2. It can be used with any early childhood curriculum or as a stand-alone program in preschools.
- The why as well as the how for teaching maths to young children.
- A focus on the value of play in learning maths concepts.
- 225 unique and interesting games and activities designed to build important maths skills.
- Recommendations of read-aloud and other books that are both fun and support maths understanding.
- Detailed strategies to help parents support their children’s learning at home.
|Publish date||2018-09-04 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Columbia Teachers College Press|
|Key Learning Area||Mathematics|