Tapping the Power of Personalised Learning
A Roadmap for School Leaders
In this powerful new book, James Rickabaugh, former superintendent and current director of the Institute for Personalized Learning (IPL), presents the ground-breaking results of the Institute’s half-decade of research, development and practice: a simple but powerful model for personalising students’ learning experiences by building their levels of commitment, ownership and independence.
Tried and rigorously tested in urban, suburban and rural districts – and in different academic and economic backgrounds – the IPL model has been proven to enhance student engagement and achievement at all levels. Rickabaugh provides principals and other top-level leaders step-by-step guidance for implementing the model as well as
- a detailed overview of the research and work behind the model’s development
- a complete introduction to the heart of the model – a comprehensive, multi-layered framework centred on the three core components of learner profiles, customised learning paths and proficiency-based progress
- tools and activities for assessing and adjusting the model to meet the specific needs of students and staff
- strategies for increasing and reinforcing enthusiasm for the change process among everyone involved, from the classroom to the greater community
- an abundance of real-life examples and reflections from students, teachers, principals and superintendents whose schools have flourished in record time and with minimal additional funding or resources.
Tapping the Power of Personalized Learning offers a blueprint that dramatically improves student outcomes and prepares today’s learners to meet life’s challenges successfully in university and beyond.
|Publish date||2016-08-11 00:00:00|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|