Making Sense of Mathematics for Teaching to Inform Instructional Quality
Discover a clear path for improving your instructional strategies for teaching mathematics at any grade level. Designed for individuals or collaborative teams, this practical resource introduces a set of rubrics—the Instructional Quality Assessment (IQA) Toolkit—that readers can rely on to help guide reflections, conversations, feedback, and planning. Also included are a series of short videos that showcase how to use the book’s math strategies and tools in classrooms.
Ensure the instructional quality of your teaching strategies in mathematics:
- Utilise tasks, questions, and evidence (the TQE process) and the associated IQA rubrics as a road map for increasing instructional quality.
- Become familiar with the connection between efficient use of tasks and teacher questioning with increased student success.
- Learn how to gauge student response to tasks and lessons in order to understand student mastery of the material.
- Enhance your understanding of math strategies through hands-on activities.
- Access free online reproducibles for use in teaching mathematics in the classroom.
|Publish date||2019-07-12 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Mathematics|