Reading and Writing Strategies for the Secondary Science Classroom in a PLC at Work®
Every Teacher is a Literacy Teacher Series
With Reading and Writing Strategies for the Secondary Science Classroom in a PLC at Work®, Years 6–12 teachers will equip their students with the literacy support they need to think, read and write like scientists. Part of the Every Teacher Is a Literacy Teacher series, this book emphasises the importance that the Professional Learning Community (PLC) at Work process has in supporting learners who struggle with literacy and in enriching learning for those who demonstrate mastery. Series editors Mark Onuscheck and Jeanne Spiller and authors Daniel M Argentar, Katherine AN Gillies, Maureen M Rubenstein and Brian R Wise provide practical literacy-based strategies specifically designed for secondary science instruction. By connecting science content to literacy skill development, differentiated instruction, meaningful common assessments, and more, teachers will prepare all students for lab work and their future beyond school.
- learn how interdisciplinary collaboration enhances literacy instruction in secondary science education
- discover how to work in collaborative teams to best support students’ literacy needs
- foster student engagement by utilising adaptable strategies and literacy resources for developing prereading, during-reading, and post-reading skills
- enhance students’ writing abilities with strategies designed to teach learners how to think like scientists and support their claims with evidence
- obtain tools and techniques for designing meaningful assessments that align literacy and science standards and improve learning outcomes.
|Publish date||2020-04-06 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Science|