The Beginning Teacher’s Field Guide
Embarking on Your First Years
The personal side of starting a teaching career – the joys and pains – often goes undiscussed. The Beginning Teacher’s Field Guide: Embarking on Your First Years offers the advice and empathy F–12 beginning teachers so desperately need. Author Tina H. Boogren pairs the six phases a new teacher goes through – (1) anticipation, (2) survival, (3) disillusionment, (4) rejuvenation, (5) reflection, (6) second anticipation – with personal essays she wrote during her first years in the classroom. She arms readers with classroom strategies and self-care practices tailored to the challenge they’re likely to encounter in each phase, and encourages them to record their reflections directly in the book.
With this book, readers will:
- understand the challenges they’re likely to experience during each phase
- learn how to manage classroom behaviour and build and maintain positive relationships with students
- accomplish self-care that tends to their hearts, minds and bodies despite how busy they are
- journal throughout the school year, reflecting on what works in the classroom and what doesn’t, to plan for the coming year
- respond to prompts that help them process and reflect on their year and professional successes.
|Publish date||2018-06-28 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|