Take Time for You
Self-Care Action Plans for Educators
What if teachers learn to take care of themselves while taking care of their students? In Take Time for Yourself: Self-Care Action Plans for Educators, author Tina H. Boogren contends that the key to thriving, as both a human and an educator, rests in daily self-care. By working through Abraham Maslow’s hierarchy of needs – (1) physiological, (2) safety, (3) belonging, (4) esteem, (5) self-actualisation and (6) transcendence – F–12 teachers and leaders will see a clear science-based path to overall wellbeing. This guide promises to be a source of inspiration long after its first read.
With this book, readers will:
- understand how Maslow’s hierarchy of needs comes into play in their personal and professional lives
- be equipped with doable strategies for their various needs and, finally, transcend and connect to something greater than themselves
- take surveys and perform a daily time audit to determine how well they are meeting each need
- design their own action plans to meet their different physical, emotional and psychological needs
- journal and reflect on their self-care implementation efforts.
|Publish date||2018-06-27 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|