Standards-Based Learning in Action
Moving from Theory to Practice
Get past the knowing–doing gap with the practical tools and actionable steps in Standards-Based Learning in Action: Moving from Theory to Practice. Authors Tom Schimmer, Garnet Hillman and Mandy Stalets offer implementation practices and processes that rightly compare students’ comprehension to performance standards instead of comparing them to each other. The approach also gives explicit guidance for separating behaviours from academics. Delve into the research or go directly to the action plans and effective communication strategies for talking to students and parents about the classroom changes that occur while transitioning to standards-based learning.
F–12 teachers and administrators will:
- explore concrete steps for putting standards-based learning into action
- implement schoolwide change, beginning with classroom practices
- align and effectively sequence units with standards
- create effective proficiency scales and rubrics
- communicate effectively with students and parents about classroom practices.
|Publish date||2018-06-28 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|