NOW Classrooms, Grades 9-12
Lessons for Enhancing Teaching and Learning Through Technology
In NOW Classrooms, Grades 9–12: Lessons for Enhancing Teaching and Learning Through Technology – part of the NOW Classrooms series – authors Meg Ormiston, Scott D. Parker, Tom Lubbers, Gretchen Fitzharris, Ellen K. Lawrence and Katie N. Aquino stress that real transformational school change focuses on robust teaching and learning, not the ever-evolving devices that may enhance that change. This book presents practical, classroom tested lessons that Years 9–12 teachers and instructional coaches can use to prime students to actively learn and solve real-world problems. Sets of topical lessons – one novice lesson, one operational lesson and one wow lesson – progressively increase in depth and complexity for readers to choose from based on students’ needs. Using these lessons, grounded in the essential four C skills (communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity), teachers can connect technology to key content-area outcomes and prepare students to succeed in the 21st century.
Years 9–12 teachers will:
- gain practical novice, operational and wow lessons for using technology
- allow students to exercise their voice, choice and creativity
- help students keep themselves and their data safe online
- gather helpful teaching and technology tips
- use chapter-ending discussion questions for personal or collaborative reflection.
|Publish date||2018-06-27 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular, Technologies|