Amplify Your Impact
Coaching Collaborative Teams in PLCs at Work™
While much evidence has supported the significant impact professional learning communities (PLCs), collaboration and coaching each have on learning, few schools and districts have combined these concepts to shift the focus of their coaching from individual teachers to collaborative teams. But Amplify Your Impact: Coaching Collaborative Teams in PLCs at Work™ merges these three constructive concepts and presents F–12 coaches, administrators and teacher leaders with a framework that enhances collaborative efforts in PLCs and represents the next generation of best practices in teaching and coaching. Thomas W. Many, Michael J. Maffoni, Susan K. Sparks and Tesha Ferriby Thomas show how coaching teams collaboratively improves the productivity of traditional best practices in coaching, which address teachers individually. Using the latest research on coaching and collaboration, the authors present feasible steps leaders can take to adopt collaborative coaching methods, fortify their teacher teams and PLCs, and enhance teaching and learning.
- gain anecdotal insights from teachers and empirical evidence from schools that confirm how coaching and refining collaborative teams can strengthen PLCs
- use the pathways for coaching collaborative teams to reflect on the effectiveness of their instructional practices
- learn how to develop and use a strategy implementation guide to map out team success
- consider how coaches can operate as consultants, collaborators and coaches of reflective thinking
- analyse coaching scenarios that illustrate how to turn ineffective team meetings into positively collaborative ones.
|Publish date||2018-06-27 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|