From Tired to Inspired
Fresh Strategies to Engage Students in Literacy
Literacy is a hollow set of skills unless it is enlivened by active, precise and creative thinking. From Tired to Inspired is designed to take upper primary and secondary school students beyond reading and writing to comprehension, creative thinking, the articulation of ideas, and conversations of depth and breadth.
This book should be used by all teachers who want to develop in their students authentic literacy and the ability to understand and master complex assignments. Readers will learn how to:
- Make use of divergent and convergent thinking processes
- Embed rigorous instruction in a supportive, engaging environment
- Encourage and model questioning and cognitive conversation
- Successfully communicate concepts like narrative, perspective and metaphor
- Use soft skills, novelty and “outrageous teaching” to reach reluctant students
- Transform students into independent thinkers and questioners
The goal of all the exercises and instructional structures suggested in From Tired to Inspired is to make better, independent thinkers of our students.
|Publish date||2014-02-13 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||English|