NOW Classrooms, Grades 6-8
Lessons for Enhancing Teaching and Learning Through Technology
In NOW Classrooms, Grades 6–8: Lessons for Enhancing Teaching and Learning Through Technology – part of the NOW Classrooms series – authors Meg Ormiston, Lauren Slanker, Jennifer Lehotsky, Megan K. Flaherty, Janice Conboy and Whitney Cavanagh stress that real transformational school change focuses on robust teaching and learning, not the ever-evolving devices that may enhance that change.
This book presents practical, classroom-tested lessons that grades 6–8 teachers and instructional coaches can use to prime students to actively learn and solve real-world problems. Sets of topical lessons – one novice lesson, one operational lesson and one wow lesson – progressively increase in depth and complexity for readers to choose from based on students’ needs. Using these lessons, grounded in the essential four C skills (communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity), teachers can connect technology to key learning-area outcomes and prepare students to succeed in the 21st century.
Grades 6–8 teachers will:
- gain practical novice, operational and wow lessons for using technology
- allow students to exercise their voice, choice and creativity
- help students keep themselves and their data safe online
- gather helpful teaching and technology tips
- use chapter-ending discussion questions for personal or collaborative reflection.
|Publish date||2019-05-06 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular, Technologies|