An Educator’s Guide to Schoolwide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
Integrating All Three Tiers
An Educator’s Guide to Schoolwide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports shows F–12 teachers and administrators how implementing schoolwide positive behavioural interventions and supports (SWPBIS) helps create an encouraging, productive school culture. Authors Jason E. Harlacher and Billie Jo Rodriguez present the research and theory behind the model, their own professional experience in working with school teams and examples of what the four key elements and three tiers of support look like in practice. When school staff support students with these interventions, they will institute a more proactive approach to teaching students schoolwide expectations and addressing learners’ academic and social–emotional needs.
- understand the structure of the SWPBIS framework and its four key elements
- read testimonials from principals and teachers whose schools have created positive school climates through SWPBIS
- recognise the importance of using data accurately to target sustainable solutions
- gain specific steps and a general timeline to help implement SWPBIS
- examine sample scenarios and two thorough case studies of primary and secondary schools adopting and maintaining SWPBIS structures.
|Publish date||2018-03-16 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|