The Global Education Guidebook
Humanizing K-12 Classrooms Worldwide Through Equitable Partnerships
Educators worldwide are striving to connect their students to classrooms across the globe to prepare them to thrive in the 21st century. In The Global Education Guidebook: Humanizing K–12 Classrooms Worldwide Through Equitable Partnerships, author Jennifer D. Klein guides readers through the steps and strategies necessary to set up equitable global partnerships that benefit all learners, founded in the tenets of global citizenship and competency. By purposefully choosing a committed partner, deciding on a communication design, employing the right technologies and being mindful of potential pitfalls, educators can build communities that learn from and with each other.
Readers will have access to partnership examples from across the F–12 spectrum, as well as gain wisdom from global education leaders and practitioners who have first-hand experience building successful and transformative global partnerships for students.
With this book, F–12 teachers and administrators will:
- explore examples of primary, middle years and high school partnerships that target global and 21st century competencies students need for life in a complex world
- consider communication platforms, organisations and strategies for finding and fostering long-term global partnerships
- understand the equity pitfalls of global partnerships and explore strategies for building equitable relationships
- learn about assessing global competency and partnership programs, as well as ways to expand global learning opportunities across their community
- use free, reproducible worksheets and assessments for setting up and evaluating partnerships.
|Publish date||2018-03-16 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|