The New Art and Science of Teaching Mathematics, Revised Edition
In The New Art and Science of Teaching Mathematics, authors Nathan D Lang-Raad and Robert J Marzano explore how teachers can apply The New Art and Science of Teaching framework to teaching mathematics. This comprehensive book offers over one hundred detailed strategies for and examples of implementation. Throughout the book, the authors address the following design areas within three categories of teaching: (1) feedback, (2) content and (3) context.
1. Within the category of feedback, teachers will learn mathematics-specific strategies for:
- providing and communicating clear learning goals
- using assessments.
2. Within the category of content, teachers will learn mathematics-specific strategies for:
- conducting direct instruction lessons
- conducting practising and deepening lessons
- conducting knowledge application lessons
- conducting all types of lessons.
3. Within the category of context, teachers will learn mathematics-specific strategies for:
- engaging students
- implementing rules and procedures
- building relationships
- communicating high expectations
- developing expertise.
Each chapter includes self-rating scales teachers can use to assess their performance and determine areas of strength and improvement. Each chapter ends with guiding questions for curriculum design. This book will help all teachers address the learning outcomes for mathematics necessary for student success.
|Publish date||2019-05-14 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular, Mathematics|