Essentials for Principals
Creating Physical & Emotional Security in Schools, Second Edition
Essentials for Principals: Creating Physical & Emotional Security in Schools provides P–8 principals with practical, research-based methods for developing a safe and supportive school environment – a caring learning community of students, staff members and other stakeholders. Readers will learn how to:
- Create a positive and welcoming school building.
- Develop schoolwide conflict-management strategies for problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Establish an effective schoolwide policy for behaviour and discipline that focuses on teaching behavioural expectations and using reinforcement and positive rewards.
- Address and prevent bullying, including cyberbullying.
- Encourage student initiative and resilience and establish high expectations.
- Reach out to families and community members.
- Plan for a crisis.
Make your school a safe and secure environment where your students can express themselves with Creating Physical & Emotional Security in Schools, and watch them grow not only as students, but as individuals.
|Publish date||2013-03-08 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|