A Leader’s Guide to Reading and Writing in a PLC at Work®, Elementary
Every Teacher is a Literacy Teacher Series
With A leader’s guide to reading and writing in a PLC at Work®, Elementary, district and school leaders gain valuable insights about equipping collaborative teams to take urgent action to establish and build students’ foundational literacy skills and increase literacy rates. As part of the Every teacher is a literacy teacher series, authors Kathy Tuchman Glass and Karen Power and editors Mark Onuscheck and Jeanne Spiller show how to bring a new level of focus to teacher teams and the professional learning community (PLC) at Work process. They provide primary leaders with detailed leadership-specific guidance, actions and tools to do the important daily work of ensuring all students can successfully read and write at beyond grade level.
- understand the importance of literacy-focused instruction in an primary setting
- gain specific suggestions for four levels of leaders – (1) district, (2) school, (3) coach and (4) teacher
- use a six-step protocol for teams to identify, unwrap and prioritise learning standards
- support team creation of assessments and rubrics to collect data about student learning for inquiry and analysis
- facilitate equitable, high-quality literacy lessons that utilise the gradual release of responsibility instructional framework.
|Publish date||2022-06-16 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Professional development|