Creating a Safe and Predictable Classroom Environment
In Trauma-sensitive instruction: Creating a safe and predictable classroom environment, authors John F Eller and Tom Hierck, who have both taught and led in trauma-informed settings, detail how to create classrooms where students build resilience to cope with and handle traumatic events. This book helps educators at all grade levels understand the effects of trauma and develop a trauma-sensitive mindset that champions the idea that all students can learn at high levels and be successful. By implementing this book’s practical, research-based strategies, K–12 teachers and administrators can create safe, secure environments where students have positive behaviour management and learning experiences.
- understand childhood trauma and the impact traumatic experiences have on learners
- develop a trauma-informed attitude and mindset
- differentiate classroom structures that support trauma-sensitive practices from those that may contribute to trauma
- gain effective classroom management techniques to support all students, including those experiencing trauma
- learn how to develop trusting, positive relationships with trauma-impacted students and their families.
|Publish date||2022-02-21 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Professional development|