Reading and Writing Instruction for Pre-K Through First-Grade Classrooms in a PLC at Work®
Every Teacher is a Literacy Teacher Series
With Reading and writing instruction for pre-K through first-grade classrooms in a PLC at Work®, teachers will equip their students with the foundational literacy skills they will need throughout their lives. Part of the Every teacher is a literacy teacher series, this book emphasises the importance that the Professional Learning Community (PLC) at Work® process has in supporting learners who struggle with literacy and in enriching learning for those who demonstrate mastery. Series editors Mark Onuscheck and Jeanne Spiller and authors Erica Martin and Lisa May help readers design standards-aligned curriculum, assessments and instruction. With the provided tools and guidance, readers will collaborate with their teams to explore every unit of instruction, develop detailed learning progressions and determine the most effective teaching strategies and assessments to enhance literacy learning for every student.
- understand the role the three big ideas and four critical questions of a PLC play in collaborating around reading and writing instruction
- identify, unwrap and prioritise learning standards using the six-step pre-unit protocol (PREP)
- develop learning progressions and build team calendars to plan instruction and assessment
- use common assessments and rubrics to collect data about student learning for collaborative inquiry and analysis
- examine research-backed teaching strategies, like gradual release of responsibility, to differentiate and improve classroom instruction.
|Publish date||2020-09-25 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular, English|