Making Grades Matter
Standards-Based Grading in a Secondary PLC at Work
In Making grades matter: Standards-based grading in a secondary PLC at Work®, authors Matt Townsley and Nathan L Wear offer a road map for implementing standards-based grading in professional learning community (PLC). They provide all the actionable ideas and tools that collaborative teams need to transition to this effective, research-backed grading system and ensure gradebooks have clarity and purpose. With the support of this practical guide, secondary educators will maximise student learning outcomes, thereby achieving unprecedented success.
- study the foundational theories behind standards-based grading and how the PLC process supports and enhances this grading system
- learn how to use grades to effectively communicate students’ mastery of learning standards
- see how using homework as ungraded practice improves learning and enhances students’ motivation to study
- understand the value of allowing students multiple opportunities to demonstrate their learning when taking assessments
- gain valuable insights into the multiyear journey of implementing standards-based grading in a secondary PLC.
|Publish date||2020-08-07 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|