Making Learning Flow
Traditional schooling methods tend to value students compliance over student engagement. In Making Learning Flow, author John Spencer emphasises the need to rethink student engagement and bring flow to the centre of instruction. When students experience flow, they are fully engaged, present, focused and alert – they are in the zone. When classrooms maintain flow, teachers empower students to love learning and reach new levels of achievement.
Years F–12 teachers will
- learn the fundamentals of flow
- gain effective strategies for improving classroom motivation, instruction, pacing and feedback
- reimagine student engagement to create conditions that foster a state of flow regularly
- motivate students to become curious, creative critical thinkers
- make learning fun – encouraging students to love learning.
Solutions Series: Solutions for Creating the Learning Spaces Students Deserve reimagines the norms defining F–12 education. In a short, reader-friendly format, these books challenge traditional thinking about schooling and encourage readers to question their beliefs about what real teaching and learning look like in action.
|Publish date||2017-07-17 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|