The Student-Centered Classroom
Transforming Your Teaching and Grading Practices
The student-centered classroom: Transforming your teaching and grading practices lays out six practices that will help F–12 teachers create an effective and immensely satisfying student-centred environment in any classroom, no matter the grade level or content area. Author Jeanetta Jones Miller calls on years of hands-on classroom teaching experience to guide teachers through adopting the student-centred approach she advocates. By embracing this approach, teachers will increase their ability to fulfill school’s most enduring promise: to give each student a fair chance to grow up literate and open minded.
- discover a wealth of examples and reproducible tools to help put the student-centred approach into practice
- find affirmation in being part of a community of educators that is creating the potential for a much-needed shift in education
- learn ways to use speaking, listening, writing and reading in new and creative ways
- explore the essential components of a student-centred approach to evaluation
- see how to counter misconceptions about student-centred learning by communicating clearly with stakeholders.
|Publish date||2021-03-25 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|