Responding to Resistance
Thirty Strategies to Manage Conflict in Your School
Educational leadership is never conflict-free. And poorly managed conflict – whether it involves staff, students, parents or other stakeholders – can consume a great deal of educational leaders’ time and energy. In Responding to resistance: Thirty strategies to manage conflict in your school, author William A Sommers acknowledges this reality and presents a wide-ranging set of efficient response strategies. He equips F–12 school and district leaders with a repertoire of skills for reacting professionally and effectively. Using this resource’s common sense tools, leaders will be able to spend more time on improving learning in their schools.
- become familiar with the five primary causes of conflict and four dangers of ignoring conflict
- gain foundational communication skills for clarifying issues and defining problems
- discover conflict-response strategies for teams, individuals and large groups
- understand the research and expertise that support each response strategy
- learn from realistic vignettes that illustrate common conflicts in schools and effective responses.
|Publish date||2021-04-09 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Professional development|