Contemporary Perspectives on Literacy
Leading the New Literacies
Availability: In Stock
No of Pages: 168
Publish Date: 28 July 2014
Schools must prepare 21st century students to compete in a global society – a world in which cultures, economies and people are continuously connected. It is the job of the 21st century educator to make sure students are equipped to meet this challenge. In the Contemporary Perspectives on Literacy series, editor Heidi Hayes Jacobs and a team of authors from around the globe explore the three new literacies – global literacy, media literacy and digital literacy.
Leading the New Literacies explores how to shift to digital, media and global (DMG) project-based learning and create engaged, energised and globally competent teachers and students. The book also offers case studies showing how schools have integrated the new literacies with traditional print literacy.
Using this book, F–12 educators will
- learn how to bring digital, media and global literacies into their curriculum;
- examine the effects of school leaders’ attitudes as they grapple with the implications of the new literacies;
- equip students with the skills to think critically about digital sources of information;
- learn how and where to find new forms of media that students can safely use as learning tools;
- understand the skills and attributes that characterise global competence and global awareness; and
- learn strategies and set realistic goals for system-wide implementation of the new literacies.
The Contemporary Perspectives on Literacy series is the ideal resource for any modern educator. Using Leading the New Literacies with the three other titles in this series – Mastering Global Literacy, Mastering Digital Literacy and Mastering Media Literacy – teachers will be expertly equipped to design instruction in the 21st century classroom.
|Publish date||2014-07-28 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular, Media, Technologies|