Contemporary Perspectives on Literacy Series (Set of 4)
Schools must prepare 21st century students to compete in a global society – a world in which cultures, economies and people are continuously connected. It is the job of the 21st century educator to make sure students are equipped to meet this challenge. In the Contemporary Perspectives on Literacy series, editor Heidi Hayes Jacobs and a team of authors from around the globe explore the three new literacies – global literacy, media literacy and digital literacy. Using the four books in this ground-breaking series, educators in every school will be able to bring their classrooms into the 21st century. The titles in this set include:
- Mastering Digital Literacy – explore the wealth of digital tools, applications and technologies that extend can learning far beyond the classroom walls.
- Mastering Media Literacy – discover the role media can play in merging technology and instruction, giving students greater access to knowledge, making learning more meaningful and helping students play a more active role in their education.
- Mastering Global Literacy – explore how educators can cultivate globally literate learners while becoming globally connected themselves, and examine ways to bring global issues into the classroom and personalise them using digital tools.
- Leading the New Literacies – explore how to shift to digital, media and global (DMG) project-based learning and create engaged, energised and globally competent teachers and students.
- Explore the relationship between traditional literacy and the new literacies.
- Clarify the three new literacies so that educators have a basis for designing curriculum and instruction.
- Lead the integration of new medias in the classroom.
- Work to inform policymakers and decision makers on the impact of the transition from traditional to modern learning environments.
|Publish date||2014-07-30 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular, Media, Technologies|