Teaching With Rigor in the Secondary Classroom
Ambitious Instruction: Teaching With Rigor in the Secondary Classroom offers a blueprint for how to use rigour to reinvigorate daily learning and instruction. Author Brad Cawn makes rigor visible, accessible and actionable to readers so that all grade 6–12 students will have opportunities to engage in meaningful intellectual work across the disciplines. By infusing the tenets of problem-based learning and synthesis into lessons, secondary teachers develop teaching and learning practices to teach not only with rigour but for rigour, jump-starting students’ success.
- develop a working understanding of rigour that will serve as the basis for instructional excellence
- study both academic and instructional rigour, including their unique qualities and implications for instruction
- become familiar with actionable strategies to develop and increase rigour in the classroom
- learn the importance of talk in supporting rigour in the classroom
- improve students’ college and career readiness.
|Publish date||2020-04-28 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|