Mindful School Communities
The Five Cs of Nurturing Heart Centered Learning
Schools that are compassionate, caring and community centred create healthier, more successful students. As such, in Mindful School Communities: The Five Cs of Nurturing Heart Centered Learning, authors Christine Mason, Michele M. Rivers Murphy and Yvette Jackson offer an in-depth guide to the five Cs – (1) consciousness, (2) compassion, (3) confidence, (4) courage and (5) community – built on a wealth of research, including an original, tested tool that assesses a school’s efforts toward compassionate action.
With this book, F–12 teachers and school leaders will:
- benefit from exercises that infuse social-emotional learning into the academic curriculum across subjects and grade levels
- discover historical examples of consciousness, compassion, confidence, courage and community, with ideas for incorporating them into classwork
- become familiar with different ways educators have implemented Heart Centered Learning in their schools and classrooms
- work with numerous exercises, activities, strategies and mindsets that mix vulnerability and strength to ameliorate trauma
- learn ways to assess the five Cs factors, including the research-based S-CCATE, to provide evidence for what might seem unquantifiable.
|Publish date||2020-04-29 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|