Reading and Writing Strategies for the Secondary English Classroom in a PLC at Work
Every Teacher is a Literacy Teacher Series
With Reading and Writing Strategies for the Secondary English Classroom in a PLC at Work®, grades 6–12 teachers will equip their students with the literacy support they need to think, read and write like literary experts. Part of the Every Teacher is a Literacy Teacher series, this book emphasises the importance that the Professional Learning Community (PLC) at Work process has in supporting learners who struggle with literacy and in enriching learning for those who demonstrate mastery. Series editors Mark Onuscheck and Jeanne Spiller and authors Daniel M. Argentar, Katherine A. N. Gillies, Maureen M. Rubenstein and Brian R. Wise provide practical literacy-based strategies specifically designed for English language arts instruction. By restoring a focus on literacy as the centrepiece of the secondary English classroom, teachers will prepare all students for their future beyond school.
- learn how interdisciplinary collaboration enhances literacy instruction in secondary English education
- discover how to work in collaborative teams to best support students’ literacy needs
- foster student engagement by utilising adaptable strategies and literacy resources for developing prereading, during-reading and postreading skills
- enhance students’ writing abilities with strategies designed to teach learners how to think like literary experts and support their high-level thinking with evidence
- obtain tools and techniques for designing meaningful assessments that gauge students’ literacy proficiency and improve learning outcomes.
|Publish date||2020-04-20 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||English|