Innovative Instructional Strategies for Maker Learning, Grades K–5
In Remaking Literacy: Innovative Instructional Strategies for Maker Learning, Grades K–5, author Jacie Maslyk transforms literacy teaching and learning by integrating maker education into the classroom. Maker education – an approach to instruction that emphasises hands-on learning experiences – creates innovative opportunities that shape students into creative thinkers. Maslyk shares practical, research-based strategies for incorporating creativity and design thinking into literacy instruction. K–5 educators will learn how to reimagine their classrooms so students’ learning develops in engaging and visible ways.
K–5 teachers and administrators will:
- examine the ways maker education can enhance teaching and empower student learning
- learn how to reimagine instruction so students build crucial literacy, collaboration and thinking skills
- study various low- and high-tech resources and how to use them in the classroom
- receive checklists and planning tools for incorporating maker and design techniques in classrooms immediately
- eflect on each chapter’s strategies and ideas by answering end-of-chapter questions.
|Publish date||2019-09-30 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|