Teaching Literature Rhetorically
Transferable Literacy Skills for 21st Century Students
“When am I ever going to need this again?” If you’ve heard students ask this in your English class, Jennifer Fletcher has just the answer. Teaching Literature Rhetorically shows you how to help your students develop transferable literacy skills that allow them to succeed not just in their English language arts classes, but, more importantly, their future lives in college, career, and beyond.
The book is built around eight high-utility literacy skills and practices that will help students communicate effectively and with confidence as they navigate important transitions in their lives:
- integrating skills and knowledge;
- reading closely and critically; assessing rhetorical situations;
- negotiating different perspectives;
- developing and supporting a line of reasoning;
- analyzing genres;
- communicating with self and others in mind; reading and writing with passion.
|Publish date||2019-12-17 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Stenhouse Publishers|