Essentials for Achieving Rigour Series
Author: Robert Marzano
Availability: In Stock
No of Pages: 122
Publish Date: 08 May 2015
Do your students know how to effectively revise their knowledge?
Academic standards call for increased rigour, but simply raising complexity is not enough. Students must also be able to deliberately revise their own knowledge. They need to know how to use visual tools, written work and academic notebooks to make revisions that help deepen their understanding of the content.
Revising Knowledge: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Examine Their Deeper Understanding explores explicit techniques for mastering a crucial strategy of instructional practice: teaching students to revise their knowledge. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring if students are able to autonomously examine similarities and differences
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them
The Essentials for Achieving Rigour series of instructional guides helps educators become highly skilled at implementing, monitoring and adapting instruction. Put it to practical use immediately, adopting day-to-day examples as models for application in your own classroom.
|Publish date||2015-05-08 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Learning Sciences International|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|