Develop a framework that will meet the diverse needs of all learners in your classroom
Differentiation Professional Learning Services
Rely on our trusted team of certified experts and authors to help you develop and deepen your Differentiated Instruction knowledge. Our experts will help you move your whole class ahead in knowledge, understanding and skill.
Where are you on your professional learning journey?
Our tailored professional learning services are suitable for all schools, no matter whether you're just starting out on your exploration of topics, or looking to refine and expand your knowledge and skills. Take a look at our various levels below to choose the one best suited to your school's current position.
Level 1: Foundations (1-day workshops and events)
Workshops (1 day)
During this workshop, a certified expert will share the basic principles of differentiation based on educational neuroscience. Participants will learn how to effectively attend to individual and small-group needs while moving the whole class ahead in knowledge, understanding and skill.
Engage your staff in a learning experience where they:
- Develop a framework for thinking about quality differentiation
- Increase understanding of quality classroom practice regarding the learning environment, curriculum, formative assessment, instruction and classroom management
- Build increased competence and confidence in planning for differentiation
- Create assessments that align with learning goals
- Apply specific instructional strategies to address student readiness and interest
Dr Carol Ann Tomlinson’s certified training associates will work directly with your staff to actively plan for student differences in the classroom based on pioneering research that identifies the different ways students learn.
Engage in a 60-90-minute online webinar presented by national and international Differentiated Instruction experts. Webinars can be tailored to your school or system's needs with specific questions and content as required.
Engage and inspire educational leaders by utilising the expertise of our certified experts and authors. Keynotes can focus on one or more themes from the principles of Differentiated Instruction and act as a springboard to further learning.
Level 2: Building (2-day events)
Workshops (2 days)
This two-day workshop program helps teachers to examine the basic principles of differentiation in light of educational neuroscience research and helps them make the most effective curricular, instructional, and assessment choices. Participants will examine how each of those key elements can be shaped for maximum student growth and how they work together to enhance learning.
After the completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop a framework for thinking about quality differentiation.
- Increase understanding of quality classroom practice regarding learning environment, curriculum, formativeassessment, instruction, and classroom management.
- Understand the science behind teaching the best content in the best possible way.
- Increase competence and confidence in planning for differentiation.
- Develop Know/Understand/Do objectives that increase teacher and learner clarity about learning outcomes.
- Create pre- or formative assessments that align with learning goals.
- Use specific instructional strategies to address student readiness, interest, and/or learning profile.
In-School Support (2 or more days)
Take advantage of our certified experts and bring them to your school for two or more days of in-school support. In-school support provides schools with training associates who can facilitate high levels of dialogue with your teams to clarify, analyse and plan how your school will achieve its goals and priorities. This support includes personalised online coaching and mentoring to guide your school forward on its Differentiated Instruction journey.