Philosophy for Kids
Forty Fun Questions That Help You Wonder ... About Everything!
"What does it mean to be fair?" "How do you know who your friends are?" "What is time?" "Are you the same person you were five years ago?" "Can something logical ever not make sense?" If you have ever wondered about questions like these, you are well on your way to becoming a philosopher!
Philosophy for Kids offers young people (from age ten up) the opportunity to become acquainted with the wonders of philosophy. Forty questions - arranged under Values, Knowledge, Reality and Critical Thinking - invite kids to think about questions that philosophers have been discussing since the time of the ancient Greeks. Each question includes a fun activity that allows kids to increase their understanding of philosophical concepts and issues and enjoy themselves at the same time.
This exciting book is
- designed for kids to use on their own or with teachers in a classroom
- written by a university teacher of philosophy who has been teaching philosophy to kids for decades
- full of teaching tips on every question
- accompanied by suggestions for further reading
- concluded with a comprehensive and helpful glossary of philosophical terms
Philosophy for Kids will open a new and wonderful world of ideas to kids - young and old.
|Publish date||2016-03-24 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Prufrock Press Inc.|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|