Better Reading Now
50 Ready-to-use Teaching Strategies to Engage Students, Deepen Comprehension, and Nurture a Love of Reading
Better reading now is full of quick and easy-to-use strategies that promote a deeper understanding of reading.
Based on what we now know about reading, this practical book offers strategies in a consistent format that is easy for teachers to incorporate into their daily instruction. This grab-bag of classroom-tested activities allows teachers to choose what they need to meet the diverse needs of students in grades one through eight. Each independent lesson guides students through the reading process and builds important comprehension skills through reading, talk, art, drama and more. These innovative ways to use the best children’s books inspire students to become enthusiastic and avid readers and help them take the first giant step into becoming lifelong readers.
Based on extensive classroom experience, Better reading now offers:
- ready-to-use strategies that promote a love of reading
- innovative ways to use the best children’s books in classrooms to engage students in new ways
- a spotlight on instruction that ignites a passion for children’s literature
- concrete ways to balance great books that matter with quality screen time
- authentic, practical strategies that meet student needs and curriculum expectations
- lists of suggested books to use with specific activities.
The practical classroom strategies in this handy resource will show you how to help students make sense of what they read as they build skills and deepen comprehension. Ideal for new and experienced teachers who want to meet the needs of today’s students and prepare them for the challenges they will meet in their school life and beyond.
|Publish date||2021-06-30 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Pembroke Publishers|
|Key Learning Area||Professional development|