Planning and Teaching in the Standards-Based Classroom
Implementing standards-based learning is a paradigm shift at all levels of education, and classroom teachers especially must adjust their mindsets and approaches in order to effectively enact this standards-based system. In Planning and teaching in the standards-based classroom, authors Jeff Flygare, Jan K Hoegh and Tammy Heflebower provide an overview of standards-based learning along with detailed instructions for everything, from planning lessons to using proficiency scales to communicating with parents. F–12 teachers who may feel overwhelmed by the prospect of standards-based learning can rely on this comprehensive resource for straightforward, practical tools.
- Understand priority standards and proficiency scales.
- Develop curriculum maps to plan for an entire year or course.
- Follow the steps of the instructional cycle to create standards-based units and lessons.
- Help exceptional students continue to thrive and grow in a standards-based environment.
- Communicate objectively with students and families about learning.
|Publish date||2021-11-17 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Marzano Resources|
|Key Learning Area||Professional development, Cross-Curricular|