Contemporary Perspectives on Literacy
Mastering Global Literacy
Availability: In Stock
No of Pages: 120
Publish Date: 28 July 2014
Schools must prepare 21st century students to compete in a global society – a world in which cultures, economies and people are continuously connected. It is the job of the 21st century educator to make sure students are equipped to meet this challenge. In the Contemporary Perspectives on Literacy series, editor Heidi Hayes Jacobs and a team of authors from around the globe explore the three new literacies – global literacy, media literacy and digital literacy.
Mastering Global Literacy explores how educators can cultivate globally literate learners while becoming globally connected themselves. The authors examine ways to bring global issues into the classroom and personalise them using digital tools. They also offer strategies for implementing global-awareness studies in the traditional school curriculum, as well as creating new types of 21st century learning environments.
Using this book, F–12 educators will
- understand how our rapidly changing world calls for the integration of global awareness in the classroom;
- gain strategies and recommendations for making global issues relevant to students;
- integrate 21st century skills into traditional classroom curriculum;
- cultivate global citizens able to understand and thrive in contemporary society; and
- use global competence to stimulate student interest in learning, higher education and careers.
The Contemporary Perspectives on Literacy series is the ideal resource for any modern educator. Using Mastering Global Literacy with the three other titles in this series – Leading the New Literacies, Mastering Digital Literacy and Mastering Media Literacy – teachers will be expertly equipped to design instruction in the 21st century classroom.
|Publish date||2014-07-28 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular, Media, Technologies|