VIRTUAL EVENT |
- 31 Dec 2021
Learn from leading experts
Literacy Success Portable Event Package
The Critical Role of Basic Vocabulary Instruction
In a world of interrupted learning and uncertainty about the future, educators are looking to maximize their efforts to ensure that students don’t fall behind. Research has shown that direct vocabulary instruction is one of the most effective strategies for increasing student literacy achievement.
Choose the Literacy Success Portable Event Package to learn practical actions you can take now to leverage this powerful approach. Led by Robert J. Marzano, our self-paced virtual event offers targeted sessions that detail how to create and implement classroom, school, and districtwide programs of intentional, systematic vocabulary instruction. You will gain the critical knowledge and skills needed to assess vocabulary knowledge, place students on a continuum of learning, and implement a cluster approach to vocabulary instruction.
With this Portable Event Package, you will receive 60-day access to:
- One inspiring keynote
- Four in-depth learning sessions
- One Q&A session dedicated to timely topics
- Understand the importance of vocabulary knowledge to reading and general literacy development.
- Explore three tiers of vocabulary terms: basic, advanced, and academic.
- Learn how to identify appropriate terms to directly teach to specific groups of students.
- Discover research on how vocabulary terms and other information is stored in the brain.
- Translate research into practical strategies for instruction.
- Acquire tools and resources to use with small groups or individual students.
- Use assessment data to determine which students are ready to move on to more advanced terms.
You will receive a certificate of participation after completing each session.
1. Add the number of registrants in the form below.
2. Fill out personal information for each registrant.
3. Submit the form to complete your registration.