Literacy Strategies for English Learners in Core Content Secondary Classrooms
In Literacy Strategies for English Learners in Core Content Secondary Classrooms, authors Margarita Espino Calderón, Maria N. Trejo, and Hector Montenegro and contributers Argelia Carreon, Timothy D’Emilio, Joanne Marino, and Joy Kreeft Peyton aim to turn traditional methods of classroom instruction into new strategies that teachers can use to help English learners (ELs) improve their proficiency within the context of common education standards. The authors’ research on instruction culminates in a focus on academic English instruction through language, literacy, and content.
Secondary teachers and administrators will:
- Explore various classroom structures and support systems to increase ELs’ achievement
- Discover the components of a comprehensive lesson plan that can integrate discourse into literacy and content learning
- Learn various strategies to incorporate academic English instruction and discourse into daily lessons
- Teach ELs to master comprehension of complex texts in the safety of peer groups
- Access sample lesson templates that integrate literacy into all subject matters.
|Publish date||2017-07-11 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular, EAL/D|