Leading for Differentiation
Growing Teachers Who Grow Kids
Leading for Differentiation lays out the reflective thinking and action-oriented steps necessary to launch a system of continuous professional learning, culture building and program assessment that will allow differentiation to flourish in every classroom. Incorporating their own experience insights, authentic examples and practical tools, world-renowned differentiated instruction expert Carol Ann Tomlinson and change leadership authority Michael Murphy explore
- why a move to school-wide differentiation makes so much sense for today’s students and today’s standards- and accountability-focused climate
- how to transform a vision for school-wide differentiation into manageable, year-by-year plans to achieve it
- how to incorporate the principles of differentiation, motivation and adult learning into respectful, responsive and truly effective professional development throughout all stages of the change initiative
- how to foster and recognise growth in teachers’ differentiation practices, and how to chart the impact differentiation is having on student learning
- how to recognise, understand and respond to resistance – in both its predictable forms and surprising ones
- what school-wide differentiation looks like when it’s fully established and how to tend to it for long-term success.
Leading the change to a differentiated school means creating an environment in which each individual feels valued, challenged, supported and part of a team working together for success. In this book, school leaders will learn how to set the course for positive change and create the structural supports that will helps teachers grow as differentiators so that their students will thrive as learners.
|Publish date||2016-02-15 00:00:00|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|