It’s About Time
Planning Interventions and Extensions in Secondary School
Drawing on dramatic success stories from traditional, virtual, private and public schools, It’s About Time: Planning Interventions and Extensions in Secondary School offers practical advice to school administrators for finding time in the weekly schedule for intervention and enrichment. Editors Mike Mattos and Austin Buffum present an international team of educators who show how creative scheduling provided their students greater access to core instruction, tier intervention and individualised support.
Readers will learn how to
- create flexible time through the use of team teaching
- work with multiple schedules to target differing student needs
- offer emotional as well as structural support for intervention efforts
- use technology to create online intervention and support
- engage parents and community stakeholders in intervention efforts
- employ behaviour intervention to build trust and buy-in from at-risk students.
|Publish date||2017-02-06 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|