Closing the Gap
Digital Equity Strategies for Teacher Prep Programs
Closing the Gap is an ISTE book series designed to reflect the contributions of multiple stakeholders seeking to ensure that digital equity is achieved on campuses, in classrooms, and throughout education. In this series, authors Nicol R. Howard, Sarah Thomas, and Regina Schaffer offer historical and philosophical insights while exploring challenges and solutions unique to teacher preparation programs, pre-service and in-service teachers, and instructional coaches.
The first book in the series, Closing the Gap: Digital Equity Strategies for Teacher Prep Programs, includes:
- discussion of historical placement of 'digital equity' content in teacher education programs
- research- and evidence-based vignettes from teacher educators, higher education deans, and department coordinators demonstrating best practices
- examples of ISTE Standards in action
- practical tips for preparing future teachers to navigate the process
- positive applications of digital equity
- a hypothesis for the future direction of digital equity in teacher education.
This book will inform teacher education programs and future research, providing positive examples and recommendations for educational technology leaders and educators on moving toward digital equity in K–12 and teacher education.
|Publish date||2019-09-10 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)|