Championing Technology Infusion in Teacher Preparation
A Framework for Supporting Future Educators
Advancing teacher preparation to full adoption of a program-deep and program-wide approach to address technology integration is no small undertaking. Written by 20 experts in teacher preparation, Championing teacher infusion in teacher preparation provides research- and practice-based frameworks for teacher educators, administrators, K–12 school partners and other stakeholders who support technology infusion in licensure and certification programs. Such organisational change involves almost every individual and system involved in teacher preparation.
Topics addressed include:
- defining characteristics of technology infusion
- systems planning of tertiary-level leadership
- program-wide, iterative candidate experiences across courses and clinical work, including student teaching
- technology use and expectations for teachers and students in K–12 settings
- instructional design in teacher preparation programs, including integration of technology in face-to-face, blended and online K–12 teaching and learning
- strategies to support induction of new teachers in K–12 settings
- technology use, expectations and professional development for teacher educators
- models for effective candidate and program evaluation
- roles for government agencies and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in nationwide collaboration for technology infusion in teacher preparation.
|Publish date||2021-04-30 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)|
|Key Learning Area||Professional development|