Identifying & Addressing Development-Behavioral Problems
A Practical Guide for Medical and Non-Medical Professionals, Trainees, Researchers and Advocates
This indispensible textbook supports life-long learning throughout medical and nursing school, into post-graduate training, residency and fellowships, precepting and community practice; and from there, into research and advocacy. Authors tackle the most onerous challenges in primary care: How to actually implement quality developmental-behavioural care in busy clinics.
The books comes with access to a website offering downloadable, customisable tools for learning and teaching (e.g. observation forms, a detailed list of milestones, pre-/post-tests for assessing learning), as well as tools for community practice (e.g. a list of evidence-based screening and surveillance measures, well-child visit encounter forms embracing health as well as developmental-behavioural care, two-way consent forms, live links to services, etc.). The many website offerings facilitate instruction and aid practising clinicians in complying with American Academy of Pediatrics’ policy – all within the time constraints of primary care.
- Background and Rationale for Developmental-Behavioral Screening and Surveillance
- Collaborating with Families and Delivering Difficult News
- Working with Bilingual/Dual Language Learners, School-Aged Children, Families At-Risk and Other Unique Populations
- Implementation Strategies for Primary Care Clinics
- National and International Models for Prevention, Early Detection, Intervention and Collaboration
- Test Construction, Translations, Research and Advocacy
- Evidence-Based, Age-Specific Encounter Forms for Preventative Health Visits
- How to Train and Measure Skills in Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics
Identifying and Addressing Developmental-Behavioral Problems is a practical and essential handbook for all those interested in improving the development and well-being of children and their families.
|Publish date||2016-02-18 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||PEDStest.com Formerly Ellsworth & Vandermeer Press|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular, Other|